Planned for release across NSW by 2019, digital driver licences are all about saving time and making life easier.
With a trial already in progress, driver licences will soon be added to the list of digital licences you can use with the Service NSW app.
A digital licence allows you to view, show, update and renew that licence. No need to visit a service centre or wait for something in the post.
From October 2017 to February 2018, the digital driver licence is being trialled in the city of Dubbo, NSW.
The trial will test the convenience and functionality of the digital driver licence. It will also help identify any other changes needed to support it in the future.
Learn more at the Digital Driver Licence Trial website.
You’ll still receive a plastic licence card.
Planned for release state-wide by 2019, digital driver licences will offer a range of benefits:
- Fewer cards to carry – show your identity, age and ‘permission to drive’ with a secure mobile device app (at no extra cost to your standard licence fees).
- Convenience – update your details and renew your licence from your mobile device.
- Security – control your personal information.
- Real time information – real time updates and licence specific information, including renewal reminder notifications.
- If you link your licence to your MyServiceNSW Account, you can view some of your licence details in the Service NSW app now, but that does not make it a digital driver licence.
How can Sydney Traffic Lawyers help?
Our traffic lawyers will carefully consider your case, advise you on all your legal options, and recommend the best way forward. Call us now on 02 8059 7121 or 24/7 on 0420 998 650 to speak with one of our traffic lawyers.